An extraordinary and unique art installation brought to you by teamLab Resonating Microcosms at Lalaport Kuala Lumpur will take place from 4th August till 30th November.
This is part of the teamLab and Lalaport BBCC collaboration, where the exhibition is free for anyone visiting this new Japanese-themed lifestyle shopping mall in the city.
teamLab Resonating Microcosms at Lalaport Kuala Lumpur
Known for its spectacular art installations worldwide, teamLab is no stranger to mesmerising people with its out-of-this-world exhibitions. And for the second time in Malaysia, they are having a four-month-long Resonating Microcosms show.
teamLab, which has held large numbers of exhibitions worldwide, will exhibit its light artworks where visitors will be immersed in its transformation by the presence of people and the environment of nature. This experience is best witnessed after sunset as the lights take full effect.
The combination of two components compliments each other in this light show, and they are;
Resonating Microcosms – Liquified Light Color, Sunrise and Sunset
- The Rooftop Garden, which features countless ovoids, is an art space that transforms through changes in the natural environment and the presence of people.
- teamLab is experimenting with the concept of colour. The ovoids can change into a total of 57 newly-defined Liquified Light Colors.
- The space of the work is interactively transformed under the influence of the wind, rain, and the people’s behaviour in the space, making the environment and the people a part of the work.
- The trees shine brightly. The light of each tree is autonomous, slowly blinking.
- The light transmitted from “Resonating Microcosms – Liquified Light Color, Sunrise and Sunset” causes the trees’ lights to change colour, and a tone specific to that colour resonates.
- The light of a tree is transmitted to the surrounding trees one by one, as the sound is continuously emitted.
- When a light resonates from the trees in the distance, it signifies the presence of people. Perhaps people will become more aware of the existence of others in the same space.
Photos from the Media Preview of Resonating Microcosms at Lalaport
Below are random photos taken during the media preview of the event on 1st August 2022. All the photos you see in this article are taken using a Samsung S22 smartphone.
Resonating Microcosms Information
- Date: 4th August (Thursday) – 30th November (Wednesday), 2022
- Venue: LaLaport BBCC Rooftop Garden (L4), Kuala Lumpur
- Entrance Fee: Free
Resonating Microcosms video at Lalaport BBCC Kuala Lumpur
Below is a video I made for my YouTube channel called Asian Explorers, and if you like it, please subscribe to my channel as I share many travel videos there from time to time.
For anyone wanting to experience this first-hand, I recommend you go on a weekday, just after the exhibition opens to the public. Just expect that there will be a crowd, but if you go on weekends, it is almost guaranteed that the place may be crowded and you may have to wait in line. You can also read my initial teamLab Lalaport exhibition review on 1st August through my travel blog.
This article was done on 2nd August, one day after attending the media preview of teamLab Resonating Microcosms at Lalaport Kuala Lumpur. Over 100 media, influencers, bloggers and content creators showed up to experience this.