Malaysia Airlines is proud to be awarded the full 7-star rating by AirlineRatings.com for our COVID-19 health and safety measures.
As the national airlines remain committed to offering the highest safety and hygiene standards, MAS would like to remind all passengers to comply strictly with the measures in place to fly confidently with them.
Ensure that you do the following –
- Web/ mobile check-in before arriving at the airport terminal.
- Check the latest travel advisory on entry requirements when travelling to international destinations.
- Prepare sufficient protective masks, which must be worn before entering the terminal and throughout the duration of the flight.
Check-in and Boarding:
The following measures are taken at the airport –
- Temperature checks.
- Sanitisation and disinfection of all premises and facilities.
- Enforcement of social distancing during queues.
- Installation of protective screen barriers at check-in counters and transfer desks at KL International Airport.
- Boarding in sequence with small groups; priority given to passengers requiring special assistance.
- Airline staff verifying passengers’ travel documents will sanitise their hands regularly.
These health and safety precautionary measures are also extended to the Malaysia Airlines Golden Lounges.
- Aircraft are cleaned and disinfected before and after every flight.
- HEPA filters installed can filter 99.97% of dust particles and airborne contaminants such as viruses and bacteria.
- Personal hygiene kits consisting of a hand sanitiser and an extra face mask will be provided to all passengers.
- Hygienically packed comfort amenities will be available on selected flights.
- Lavatories are cleaned at regular intervals.
- Reading material and in-flight duty-free sale will be suspended for the time being as a precaution.
- Food and beverage services have been modified for your well-being.
- All international arriving passengers may be required to fill in a Health Declaration Form and go through a thermal scanner.
- Social distancing will be enforced throughout from disembarkation to the baggage collection carousel.
- All luggage bags will be sanitised.
Further to these protective measures, the Malaysia Airlines pilots have undergone refresher training courses whilst the aircraft have undergone maintenance, ensuring high safety standards for your travels.